Friday, March 17, 2006

I feel good.....I knew that I would...

So, it's been a while but MY GOD do I have a lot to tell you! :D

First, the Kelly Clarkson concert. Two words....... F*****G BRILLIANT! Psycho and I went absolutely crazy when she came on stage. We were quite excited from the start; taking photos of almost everything worth remembering like the arena, the microphone on stage, the audience and finally Kelly and the band.

"You've got your mother and your brother every other undercover tellin' you what to say, you think I'm stupid but the truth is that it's cupid baby lovin' you has made me this way" echoed in the arena as she walked in; making the audience go wild. Next came some of her greatest hits including; "Breakaway", "Because of you", "Beautiful disaster", "Trouble with love", "Behind these hazel eyes", "Gone", "I hate myself for losing you", "Addicted", "Miss Independent" and of course "Since you been gone."

I don't want to obsess about it so I'll make this short, the concert ROCKED! I've kept my promise by posting some of the photos I took that night. To all you Kelly Clarkson fans, she's an amazing entertainer, she's beautiful and her voice is out of this world! :)

Next, the Omani fashion show. Well, I have to admit, it wasn't as successful as planned. Out of 150 seats, only 40 were occupied! Most of the occupants being hungry women passing by the hall! The over-head projector only started working five minutes before the start of the show, and the children participating in the fashion show wouldn't sit still. In addition, the food wasn't anywhere in sight for the first two hours and the woman in charge of all the technical work was busy preparing the dessert at home! It was unorganized, unsuccessful, humiliating and EXTREMELY short. The tickets read 12-4 p.m when the ACTUAL show only lasted 40 minutes after a 30 minute delay!

Over all, as relieved as I am that it's all over, I must admit that many enjoyed certain bits of the show, such as the wedding demonstration. I also have to admit that I'm glad I took part, because I got to meet all the Omani women here in Leeds and I've made friends with all of them :)

So, Easter’s coming up (thank God for that). As usual, I leave in exactly one week. I'm looking forward to it even though I know that most of this vacation will be spent with me trying to come to terms with my mom, finding something to occupy myself with and regretting ever wanting to come home! But, I found out that one of my closest friends is back home so at least I'll get a chance to see him :) And plus, I miss my cats more than anything in the world.

What else? Oh, so I've decided that because I think that the Irish accent is by far the sexiest accent on the face of the planet, I have decided to pay Ireland a visit sometime over the next few months. There's this Irish guy on my course (who SADLY has a girlfriend) and I swear, every time this guy speaks all I do is stare at him. He has the strongest and sexiest Irish accent I've EVER come across. Other than the fact that I barely understand a word he says, I still think his accent is out of this world. I swear if only he was single.... I'd jump........ Ehm.... ok..... Where were we? Oh yeah, so Ireland it is :)

I've decided to take my eyebrow piercing off. It's nasty man! I have to clean it everyday and to tell you the truth I'm sick of it! I don't think it looks nice on me and I know a lot of people would agree with me when I say that I'd look better without it. So that's coming off.

Well, I guess that's all I have to say for now. Now that I have one week left until I'm back in Oman, I can assure you that I'll be updating my blog more often. Until then...... I missed you all... how are ya'll doing? :)

15 Comments:

Blogger Lym said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, its coming off! Hey, I am coming with you to Irrrrreland :p

See you babes soon :)

4:19 pm  
Blogger Sleepless In Muscat said...

so you're coming to Oman, huh? Man, I think by the time you're out of that airplane door no sooner will you say 'ok, when can I go back'... lol

:P

welcome back to home, anyhow..

very nice pics from the concert btw..

I like!

6:14 pm  
Blogger Qatar Cat said...

Comment moderation? Since when? Why?

I boycott, boycott, boycott comment moderation!

Fuming Cat.

10:23 am  
Blogger Qatar Cat said...

Now that's better :)

I so wanted to see your eyebrow piercing and now you're taking it off!! No fair! Are you going to keep the one on the tongue?

Judging by the pics, the concert was cool. I am so jealous. I love her!

Meow

5:35 am  
Blogger Life... said...

heyy! niiiiiiice ..seems you loved the concert and enjoyed every second! good to hear so..well deserved!:D

liked the irish guy part loooooooool ...

keep having fun

P:S u guys r soo lucky u get longer easter breaks..:'( ..enjoy ur trip to oman

9:14 am  
Blogger Arabian Prince said...

It's good to know you enjoyed the concert, who wouldn't have? :p
This post made me feel envious.
I think you're really lucky to get to see her live.. and that close too! That was either really close or I can't tell the difference when the camera's zoomed in.

Oh and not to mention that you're going back too :p

2:17 pm  
Blogger mimi said...

@ lym: Because you said that I might just leave it on :P

@ ali: Yes I am going home :) I hope I won't regret it... I wanna relax that's all! Thanks, I'm glad you liked them :)

@ Q.C: haha, I swear I did it by mistake! All I wanted was to avoid getting anonymous comments but I managed to screw things up a bit! :) It's off now. Oh and the concert WAS a blast... for you... I'll keep it on :) The piercing that is :s

@ life: Life.. you would've LOVED it :) The Irish thing was funny wasn't it?! I'm glad someone finds my misery amusing :P J.K babes

@ A.P: yaaaaaaaay... You commented :) It's been a while man. Well, I really didn't mean to brag about it :S But if it makes you feel better, I stood through the whole concert taking videos and photos like MAD, that I kinda forgot to have fun :S Oh and another thing... the Easter vacation isn't a vacation @ all... it's a study leave because I've got exams STRAIGHT after I come back :S

10:21 pm  
Blogger Kamakazy said...

haha, your the second person i hear liking the Irish accent...

I think Australian girls have a nice accent... but it just doesnt suit the guys... somewhat like the Lebanies accent... good on the girls bad on the guys...

6:37 am  
Blogger Arabian Prince said...

Yesss! You forgot to party and it's not going to be a holiday :p

Well I still hope you manage to squeeze in some fun :)

11:39 am  
Blogger Verbose said...

when are you going to Oman?

I cant believe im going to be in London next week and you wont...

Peace

2:46 pm  
Blogger Lym said...

Hey, if you are coming back to Leeds, when are you going back to Oman again (summer I mean). Hey, that means you would have gone back to Oman 3 times! Spoiled brat!

Am I gonna see you in the summer?

3:02 pm  
Blogger Libellula said...

Psycho told me about the Kelly Clarkson concert. You girls are sooo lucky. I'd love to see her live! :)

Glad to hear you're taking off the eyebrow piercing. I don't think I can handle piercings like that. They're a bit too much for my taste :P

Enjoy your break in Oman :)

4:47 pm  
Blogger mimi said...

@ kamakazy: Hey you, it's been a while :) I agree with you on the whole men with Lebanese accents being a bit weird but I have to admit, I think that Australian accents on both sexes is quite hot :)

@ a.p: eeeeeeeeeeeey, you're so mean... You find my misery amusing? haha. Thanks man.. I hope it all goes well :)

@ lym: I'm not a spoilt brat I swear!! I didn't even want to go home but it's my mum's b'day and I thought it would be a nice surprise and b'day present :) I will DEF c u in the summer :)

@ libellula: Thanks man. If i'd known you liked her, I would've def. asked you to join us :( Next time inshallah :D

11:55 am  
Blogger Kazablanka said...

Cant wait till you come to oman. We have to meet this time.

Sorry i havent been checking ur blog but i have been away for a while.

8:14 pm  
Blogger mimi said...

@ Kaza: KAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....You finally decided to pass be huh?? hehe... la la walla it's all good :) I'm in Oman.. We should meet :D

3:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home